Sunday 22 July 2012

Mermaids Galore & a new car!!


I am happy to say, I just bought a new car.  How exciting.  I got a 2010 Kia Soul and I LOVES it.  

But now, back to card making.  I have recently made two mermaid cards. I just love how they turned out. I have been working hard on coloring hair with my copics and I am so excited about how well they look. I purchased these rubber stamps from C.C. Designs from the Sweet November line.

The embossing folder from the first image is from Tim Holtz. The shells are OLD and from my ancient stash. They were originally brown and ugly, which is why it probably too me so long to use them. Now I love them and barely have any left. I added a few dew drops to show her breathing bubbles and added pretty various green seed beads and glass for fun


Here's a close up of my little Ariel and her fun colored fin.


Sorry for the picture taking on this one. But Ariel is quite similar to the first image just with a different layout. I just LOVE that Martha Stewart shells punch. The embossing folder behind my little mermaid is the same as the first card. The main background is a Cuttlebug folder.



Inspiration Fridays: Anything Goes
My Heart Pieces - Square or Circle
Divas by Design - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. I like them both Nic! I love those shells and the dewdrops on the first and the embossing and punch on the second. Very sweet image and nice hair colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shading you did on both her hair and her fin... love these mermaid cards and wish I was getting one! lol You are very talented Nicole... Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Congrats on the new car! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and nice work.Thank you so much for joining with us at My Heart Pieces Hope to see you again next week dont forget to check back if you are the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful mermaid card. I love the use of this particular embossing folder for your watery background. Thanks so much for participating at My Heart Pieces last fortnight. Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card!! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete