Monday 28 July 2014

Queen Wilhelmina Scrap Page


I find scrapbooking to be hard.  I find it requires even more patience than making cards. I think that is because unlike cards where you don't normally use your own photos, in scrapbooking you do.  It's very intimate, at least to me.

I have literally been "working" on this scrap page for years.  I would start and muck around with a few ideas, then lose interest, patience or inspiration.  I am glad, however, that it did take me this long.  The original was not going to look anything like this and I LOVE how this turned out.   It's hard to believe my original colors were pinks to match my gown and what I now think of as some terrible greens to go with it.

Instead, I have this.  My masterpiece!

Darcy and I got married in San Francisco,CA on September 8, 2007 at a location of Golden Gate Park called the Rustic Bridge (see filmstrip pics or see pic below).

We took pictures at 3 locations: Rustic Bridge, Queen Wilhelmina Park, and Lyford's Tower (still need to make a page with those photo's).

The main paper background (brown with white dots) is from SU.  The clear overlay with red velvet is from Michael's.  The filmstrip is a piece I have had for a long time and just couldn't ever figure out the best way to use it, but voila, here it is.  I had this super fun rhinestone bling with a heart shape and it fit this picture so well I had to use it.  Also used some fun bling along side the main picture.

There is some green velvet self-adhesive ribbon below one of the flourishes and the word love.



These are our actual vows!  My husband and I scoured the internet in search of the perfect vows for us.  The chipboard pieces were painted with acrylics paints with 3 colors for some light to dark effect.  Afterwards I added some luminescent from the SU pad I own.  For an additional touch, I added little white dots with my white pen.  I did a similar effects to the word "Love", but in painted in one solid black color and without the luminescent ink.


The picket fence cardboard piece I purchased I've had for years. After painting it black, I threw it through an elegant embossing folder and highlighted the highs with gold ink.  It's a little difficult to see the gold in this picture.  The flowers were white and with patience and many dip and dries, they are now red to match the photo.  I used the heat dryer to add some "burn" around the edges for some texture and color densities.


View of Golden Gate's Rustic Bridge.  Magical isn't it?

This was the 3rd location of our pictures.  Lyford's Tower.  I hope to make another scrap page one day with this set of pictures.

Thanks for stopping by, I know it was a much longer post, but hope you have enjoyed it.

Nicole G

1 comment: